Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Working Mother

Sunday 9 November 2014

Trying out the Pizzelle Maker


The other day my mom showed me her old pizzelle maker that she hadn’t used in years. Pizzelle are a popular Italian dessert. As shown in the picture, they are round, flat cookie-like baked goods that have unique patterns.
 
I took the pizzelle maker home to give it a try. It is pretty easy to use, much like a waffle maker. I have included a picture of what the machine looks like.
One cool idea that my sister shared with me was to make cannoli shells with the pizzelle maker. As soon as the pizelle are done, and before they cool, you can roll them into a shell and fill them with lemon, ricotta, or custard filling. It’s a delicious and easy way to make fancy-looking desserts for family and friends.

 
 
I could not find the recipe my mom used, but I found a great one online (by Mario Batali) that must have been similar at the following link:
 
I suggest you try out this simple and delicious recipe that everyone seems to love!
 
 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note...

Some photos on the blog are not all of mine. Some pictures have been from other sites.