Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Working Mother

Sunday 5 October 2014

Birthday Party Decor

Below are two of the decorations I set up for my son's first birthday party. It was a gathering of our closest family and friends. I know some people who rented a hall for a first birthday, but that seemed over the top for us. Luckily we had enough space to host our own fun time!

The first decoration is a Happy Birthday banner. I ran out of time, but it is possible to make a similar banner by hand. All you would have to do is cut triangular paper or felt shapes and add a letter to each.

The second decoration shown is a small mural I made. I used a plain table cloth as the backdrop, and displayed enlarged photos of my son during each month of his first year. To make it more colourful, I used a different coloured piece of paper behind each photo. To attach it to the wall, I used paint-friendly tape that my husband already had and I'm sure can be found in any craft supply store. I got the most compliments for this hard-to-miss display.


One of the decorations not shown here is a sign I made for my son's highchair. I bought a hula skirt at the Dollarstore and since it has an elastic waistband, I could pull it over the front of the highchair and it stayed in place. Then I just made felt cutouts of the word "ONE" and glue-gunned it to the front of the skirt.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note...

Some photos on the blog are not all of mine. Some pictures have been from other sites.