Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Working Mother

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Homemade Baby Wipes

              When I told my son's pediatrician that he had developed a rash, she suggested that I not use the baby wipes I had been using because they were a possible cause for the blotchy redness on his skin. I shared this advice with my friend, whose daughter had similarly experienced some type of allergic reaction which turned out to be due to baby wipes. In fact, baby wipes contain chemicals (including alcohol) that your baby's skin can react to. Of course, you never mean harm to your child and each child is different, but with a little extra time and research there is often a cheaper and organic solution to many baby-problems-including this one!

              My friend shared with me an easy recipe for homemade baby wipes, which have worked just as well as store-bought ones and fortunately, my son's skin has cleared up.


 Here are the items you will need:

 -1 roll of Bounty towels (this brand is the best quality for our purposes)
 - A knife - baby wash

-100% pure coconut (you can purchase in any health food store, grocery store, or online)

 -warm water

 -A container to keep your finished product in!

 Steps to follow:

 -Remove the Bounty towels from the roll (you can cut them in half to get more uses out of them)

-Combine the coconut oil, warm water (to melt it), and baby wash together

 -Add the mixture to your chosen container and soak the towels in it (let sit for about half an hour, then drain the extra liquid out)

 I hope you try this recipe- even if your baby does not have diaper rash!

 Angela

Above photos: The ingredients !


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note...

Some photos on the blog are not all of mine. Some pictures have been from other sites.